As an editorial instructor and editor, I like to keep my eye on the latest trends in content creation. One area I’ve seen a significant rise in is in the self-development and wellness niches.
These days, people are looking for content to improve themselves mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. As a result, the demand for self-development and wellness content has grown. This is a trend that I see increasing over the years, and one that presents a lot of opportunities for proofreaders and editors.
A while ago, I sat down and had a video discussion with Glee Lugo of Spot On Edit. Glee is a proofreader and editor who works on self-development books as a side hustle (she’s an English professor at a university during the day!).
In this video, Glee and I talked about:
- How to have a side hustle alongside a full-time job
- How your current skills or knowledge can lead to discovering a niche or niches to focus on
- How narrowing down your niche will attract your ideal client and benefit your business
- Working with nonfiction and business communications
- What happened when she stopped applying for jobs and focused on building her own editorial business
- The nuances of working with translated content
- How to build trust with clients
- Why working with entrepreneurs is a fun and profitable niche!
And so much more!
This discussion is filled with so much valuable information, I really don’t want you to miss it. So make a cup of tea, grab your pen and notebook, and watch it now. Glee and I go in-depth into so many topics, and it’s a great opportunity for you to see how to manage a side hustle. And as a graduate of my High-Level Proofreading And Copyediting Pro program, Glee wanted to share how she was able to take her love of words and do something with it! This video has been edited for length and clarity for your viewing enjoyment.
Find out how YOU can start working on self-development books or any type of content!
If you’re interested in freelance proofreading and editing, I have a FREE masterclass that’ll show you how to start. You can sign up to watch it now here.
About Glee Lugo
Glee Lugo is an editor specializing in self-development books. She has a passion for reading, English grammar, and everything related to self-improvement and wellness. She has a background in social sciences and linguistics, and is an assistant professor of English at a university in Puerto Rico. Her editorial company is called Spot On Edit, and you can go here to learn more about her services.